Food Philosopher’s® Gluten–Free
Yields 12–14 cupcakes
1 cup sugar
1¼ cups brown rice flour mix*
¼ teaspoon salt
1½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon xanthan gum
½ cup canola oil
½ cup milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cupcake baking liners in 12–cupcake baking pan.
- Beat sugar and eggs in large bowl of electric mixer at medium
speed. Add flour, salt, baking powder, xanthan gum, oil, milk and vanilla; beat
at medium speed for 1 minute.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Place in center of oven and
bake for about 20 minutes, until center springs back to touch and cake is very
- Cool on rack for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans onto
rack and cool completely before icing.
- Top with your favorite frosting.
Recipe can be doubled.
*see “Gluten–Free Flour Mixes” in our Recipe Archive
© 2002 by Claudia Pillow and Annalise Roberts